What We Learned From UFC BJJ 10



UFC BJJ is back with it's 10th event. This time we got 2 title matches and a 4 woman tournament. UFC BJJ took a bit of time off after their last event, but they came back hard with a pretty good card this time. This event featured some big names such as the Tackett bros, Adele Fornarino, Brianna Ste-Marie as well is up and coming stars such as Jalen Foncier and Cassia Moura. The match making was fairly decent as well, so if you haven't watched this event, watch it now before looking at the results down below.


 

 Results


Danielle Kelly def Ana Lima via dec


Vagner Rocha def Andy Varela via Crescent choke


Jalen Foncier. def Mourice Rameriez via dec


William Tackett def Fedor Nikolov via Outside heelhook


Adele Fornarino  def Carol Brunacio via Ankle lock


Cassia Moura def Bre Stik via Armbar


Brianna Ste-Marie def Rebeca Lima via Arm triangle choke


Andrew Tackett def Jonnatas Gracie via RNC



How People Won



A 75% finish rate makes for a must watch event in my book. Only 2 matches ended in decision, which is always nice. The finishes themselves followed what we commonly see, where chokes were the most common followed by leglocks and then armlocks. 



Stats




Overall 


I thought this was a great event. There were tons of finishes and good action. The woman were really showcased well here and I think this will help get more women's matches in the future. UFC BJJ is doing a good job building up Jalen and Cassia. They have been performing well and I'm ready to see Cassia step up and fight Adele on the next card. Jalen's match was harder than his previous matches, but I think he looked really good. In the future I hope they make a belt for some of the smaller competitors and have Jalen in there are the first title challenger. 

Andrew Tackett is looking unstoppable, but he seems to have hit the same bottleneck Mikey has. He might have run out of credible competitors at this point. Of course I want to see more matches from Mikey and Andrew, but UFC BJJ really needs to develop other people in their divisions so it doesn't look like they are just crushing cans all the time. For Andrew his next challenge should be Andy Murasaki, but they need to make more matches at 170lbs, so he an opponent lined up if he beats Andy. 

Brianna Ste-Marie is now champion and I think there are some good matches for her out there. She is a decent name and at this point UFC BJJ actually has many of the big name female athletes. Perhaps next year they can do a big tournament with Cassia, Brianna, Ffion and Adele. If they can get Sarah Galvao, Helena Crevar and/or Elizabeth Clay, that would make things even better. 

Overall this was a really strong event and the match making has gotten better little by little. I didn't like the shorter bowl, but that seems like a nitpick. If you haven't watched it yet, please do that and I'm going to be waiting for the next one. Before that it is ADCC time, so make sure you come back here for that one. 

Comments