The 88kgs division is back, but many of the people from previous years didn't show up. That was disappointing on one hand, but on the other hand it opened up a lane for many up and coming grapplers. This division created some new names and I hope we see more of these people in super fights over the next 2 years. Also this is the first time in a while we've gotten a European champion. Speaking of that, let's look at the winners.
Results
- Pawel Jaworski
- Marlon Tajik
- Jozef Chen
How People Won
-88kgs was pretty good overall with a 50% submission rate. The submissions were equally divided between leglocks and chokes here with no armlocks to be seen. There were also weirdly no decision victories, but I certainly won't complain about that.
Stats
Overall
Compared to the 2 previous divisions this was bit disappointing, but I think that had more to do with the heavy weights doing much better than I thought. Overall this division was very solid and delivered a lot of action outside of the finals(I'll talk about that at a later date). This division was a bit strange since most of the top people didn't show up, but it was great to see some new talent and you can't argue with the action. Congrats to Pawel and I hope to see more of his impressive guard work in the future.
Comments
Post a Comment