What We Learned From UFC BJJ 11


UFC BJJ is back with another event hot on the heels of ADCC. This featured a title defense and a MMA vs BJJ match as main events. We also got the debut of Jay Rod in UFC BJJ and some of the first atheltes that came out of the UFC BJJ Opens. This was a decent event overall. Not the best UFC BJJ event, but also not the worst. 



Results 


Daniel Deeder def Kolby Gonzales via Kimura


Mason Stritzel def Seve Zazueta via Inside heelhook


Jordan Holly. def Ryan Elderico via dec


Pedro Machado def Lucas Norat via dec


Jay Rodriguez  def Kevin Beuhring via Farce choke


Aurelie LeVern def Rana Willink via dec


Nick Rodriguez and Mason Fowler ends in a draw


Mikey Musumeci def Bryce Mitchell via dec



 


How People Won 



Here we have 42.9% of the matches ending in submission. That isn't bad by any means, but it isn't as good as previous UFC BJJ events. We got an even split between all types of submission and everything else was a decision. The one exception was the draw in the co-main event. 


Stats 





 

Overall


This wasn't wasn't a bad card, but it was a bit underwhelming. They had a few names and a lot of relatively unknown people. That can work if all the matches are action packed and filled with great finishes, but that wasn't the case here. Although the match making has gotten better, I still think more though should go into the match ups. Having to cautious people go against each other, 2 leglockers or 2 counter fighters together, often makes boring matches where not much happens. I believe better match making will create better events. 


I think a quick rematch between Mason Fowler and Nicky Rod should happen soon. Either at the end of this year or early 2027. It is better not to lose momentum and have people forget about this match up. Book it now and give them a month or 2 to prepare. It was interesting to see Mikey do more varied grappling and show he can do other things besides leglocks, but I don't think we need more matches against MMA fighters. Bryce just seemed to want to survive and I'd like to see someone out there that actually wants to win the match. I feel like most MMA fighters are just out there for a check. Finally, it might be a good idea to give Jay Rod a shot at the title. If Jay Rod wins the belt it creates an interesting situation where William can go against Jay and if he wins Ronaldo Junior can have a rematch with Tackett. Not only that, but Jay Rod vs Ronaldo Junior will likely be a fun match, so it is a win-win situation. 


UFC BJJ 12 is coming soon and I think the 2 main event matches will be really good, so I'll be back to cover those. I hope you're back here to read them. 


Year to Date


Here are the year to date stats, but I should note that I haven't included the ADCC stats yet. 








Comments