The -66kgs division is usually one of the more interesting divisions and is filled with lots of action. We got a new champ this year and I think this will shake up the rankings at -66kgs. The championship match might have been between the two biggest dark horses in the tournament, who most people weren't giving much of a chance to. I'm looking forward to future match ups between these medalist and previous athletes at the top of the division. Now let's look at the results.
Results
- Kennedy Maciel
- Gavin Corbe
- Deigo "Pato" Oliveira
Here we had a decent showing with a 3rd of the matches ending in submission. Those submission were split evenly between all categories, which is a bit unusual, but it was fun to watch a variety of subs. It was a bit disappointing to have so many draws and I think this is something ADCC needs to fix, but I'll address that at a later point. Let's look at the stats now.
Stats
This was a decent division overall, but it wasn't without controversy. Dorian Oliverez was the favorite, but he was DQ'd in the first round. Other favorites such as Deigo Pato and Owen Jones also weren't able to make it to the finals. This isn't really a bad thing though as it opens up more match ups in the division and I hope to see Kennedy in more pro matches soon. Gavin Corbe's stock has also risen significantly, so hopefully he will be featured more as well.
Comments
Post a Comment